Want to be part of Thank Your Vicar Week?
Oct 14-21 2018
Hundreds of Church of England parishes and primary schools are getting ready to say a big thank you to their vicar this autumn, as national Thank Your Vicar Week kicks off from October 14-21.
Sign up now for free, downloadable Thank Your Vicar Week resources – we’ll email these to you in early September.
What is Thank Your Vicar Week?
- Thank Your Vicar Week gives parishes and Church of England primary schools the opportunity to say a big thank you for everything your clergy does for the community
- It’s happening from Sun 14–Sun 21 October, to coincide with St Luke’s Feast Day on 18 October
- Thank Your Vicar Week invites every Anglican diocese to take part
- It’s organised by St Luke’s Healthcare for the Clergy, a charity which cares for clergy health and wellbeing
In your resources sheet you’ll find great ideas to run a special school assembly or Sunday service, including…
- lots of content for your assembly or service
- fundraising ideas for Thank Your Vicar Week so St Luke’s can continue to care for clergy health and wellbeing
- short film on Why do we want to thank our vicar? Devised for primary age upwards
- invitation and poster templates
Like this video? It’s part of our free resources to help your school celebrate Thank Your Vicar Week.
How does my school or parish get involved?
- Schools are invited to hold a special Thank Your Vicar assembly and a simple fundraiser, using free downloadable resources. These have been designed to enhance the primary RE curriculum, including student-led collective worship. Sign up to get your free resources which we will email to you in early September.
- Parishes are invited to hold a Thank Your Vicar Week service on Sunday 14 or 21 October, and make a donation to the work of St Luke’s Healthcare for the Clergy. Sign up to get your free resources, which we will email to you in early September.
You’ll find plenty of inspiration to help you to…
- Invite your vicar to your assembly or special service, and celebrate what they do for your school and community
- Organise a simple fundraising event as part of Thank Your Vicar Week, as a tangible way of appreciating your vicar’s work. This money will help to continue the work of St Luke’s Healthcare for the Clergy, which cares for the health and wellbeing of Anglican clergy and their families.
- Tell us how you celebrated your week – email stories and photos to email@example.com
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7898 1808