- St Luke’s offers half-day or full-day resilience workshops.
Half-day training workshop:
Building and maintaining clergy resilience
The objective of this workshop is to improve participants’ resilience in role, which in turn improves their health and wellbeing.
All participants leave with individually-tailored action plans to take away, with a 21-day challenge to embed learning. Previous resilience programmes offered by Cognacity in other work fields have achieved:
- 20% increase in worker enthusiasm, motivation and purpose
- 15% reduction in risk of stress-related ill health
- significantly improved levels of sleep quality and need for recovery
- significantly reduced levels of chronic fatigue
The best training event I have been to for years’
Participants will be equipped with the skills and techniques to manage stress and pressure more effectively, including:
- How the human mind functions under pressure
- ‘Good’ versus ‘bad’ stress
- What resilience is, and what it isn’t
- A four-point plan to develop resilience under pressure
Context and approach
The session trainer won’t presume to tell delegates how to operate in their roles, but will provide participants with easy-to-learn tools. These will help them to share their gifts and use their skills to their best ability – even under pressure.
‘Great empathy with the particular needs and context of the participants’
How much does it cost?
The cost of running an initial workshop in each diocese is covered by St Luke’s Healthcare for the Clergy. There is a charge for additional workshops, if requested.
How does a diocese find out more, or access this support from St Luke’s?
Contact Claire Walker at St Luke’s:
- tel 020 7898 1700
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Very helpful, I can see I will apply ideas learned today’
Course leader Rob Archer is a Director at Cognacity Consulting, where his main areas are employee engagement and resilience, culture and behaviour change, training, coaching, leadership development and assessment. Rob is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist with 16 years’ experience across public and private sectors. His work is increasingly focused on building psychological flexibility in the workplace.
This training is funded by St Luke’s Healthcare for the Clergy and run on its behalf by Cognacity